To obtain a Municipal Lien Certificate (MLC) in Burlington:
- Request must be submitted in writing
- Fifty dollar fee (Residential) check payable to Town of Burlington
- One hundred dollar fee (Commercial/map and parcel) check payable to Town of Burlington
- Include a self addressed stamped envelope for return of the MLC
- Specify in your request whether it is a sale or refinance
- For a sale specify closing date and buyer name(s)
Mail request, SASE and check to:
Town of Burlington
29 Center St.
Burlington, MA 01803
The MLC will be issued within 10 business days.