- For Our Residents
- Youth & Family Services
- Services We Provide
Services We Provide
Who Are We?
As a Town-funded agency and a Town Department since 1974, Burlington Youth and Family Services (BYFS) has as its goal and mandate to provide a range of services designed to improve the quality of life for Burlington families with children, adolescents and young adults. In addition, BYFS, as one of the Town agencies that handles human services problems, endeavors to collect and provide information useful to all townspeople about available local and area nonprofit and social service resources.
Services We Provide
- Confidential Individual, Family and Couples Counseling - on issues ranging from anxiety, depression, trauma, drug and alcohol use, family conflict, problems at school, or with the law, to marriage and teen relationship problems and coping with divorce or separation and loss. There is a nominal fee for counseling services which is based on income. No resident will be denied services because of their inability to pay.
- Crisis Intervention and Assessment - We provide urgent mental health care and safety assessments for Burlington students in collaboration with Burlington Public Schools.
- Group Program- Our groups work to help kids and parents build support networks - kids with kids, parents with parents, and parents with kids.
- Fit Girls - a running and reading program for 4th and 5th grade girls that builds self-esteem and confidence and helps girls connect with and give back to their community.
- Parenting Journey - a group for parents at any stage of parenting. This program is designed to help parents increase their self-care practices, raise awareness of the past and present factors that influence their parenting styles, enhance their parenting skills, utilize their strengths to support their child and build or strengthen nurturing family relationship.
- NYPUM (National Youth Project Using Minibikes) - available for youth ages 10 to 14, this program utilizes a behavior modification approach where participants earn riding time while developing skills that help them change challenging behaviors.
- Information and Referral Resource