About the Park
Bring your canine to play off-leash at the Burlington Dog Dog Park located at Rahanis Playground! Our Dog Park is separated into active and passive areas each featuring benches, water and waste bags. The park has a double-gated entry system to ensure the safety of all park users. Park rules are posted at the front entrance. Owners are required to supervise their dogs throughout the visit as well as clean up after them. We are open daily from dawn until dusk.
The Burlington Dog Park came to life through a grant from the Stanton Foundation and fundraising efforts by the Dog Park Committee and the Friends of the Burlington Dog Park.
Dog Park Rules
- Hours: Dawn to Dusk
- The Dog Park (“Park”) is for Dogs ONLY; No more than three (3) dogs allowed, per owner or custodian, at one time.
- Dog handlers must be at least 18 years of age or older; children under the age of 12 years of age will NOT be allowed to enter the Park.
- Dogs in heat or younger than 6 months are not allowed in the Park.
- Dogs must remain leashed until they enter the double-gated holding area. Remove leash once inside the holding area upon arrival and reattach in this area prior to leaving the Park.
- Active / passive dog areas: The Park is divided into a passive area for less active dogs and an active area for more active dogs.
- Owner/handler must remain in the same section of the Park as their dog(s), with leash in hand and keep their dog(s) within view at all times.
- Dog feces & trash must be cleaned up and holes filled in by the dog owner or custodian immediately.
- All dogs entering the Park must wear current license/ID and rabies tags.
- Dogs must be removed from the Park at first sign of aggression to other dogs or humans.
- Choke, prong or spike collars are prohibited in the Park. Another collar must be worn while in the Park.
- No smoking, glass containers, toys or food of any kind are permitted in the Park.
- No commercial use of the Park is allowed at any time.
- These rules may be enforced by any member of the Burlington Parks and Recreation Department (“Department”). Failure to comply with these rules, or an order of the Department enforcing these rules, may result in your removal or exclusion from the Park.
This Park is made available in accordance with laws governing recreational use (M.G.L. Chapter 21, Section 17(c). The Town of Burlington (or its agent) shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by dogs or handlers. Owners/handlers are responsible for any injuries caused by the dogs under their ownership and/or control. The Park area is for dogs, owners/handlers and those accompanying them.