Reporting an Issue

Pollutants in storm drains and drainage pipes mean polluted water in our streams, rivers, and water bodies. The Town of Burlington regulates all non-stormwater discharges to the storm drainage system under the Illicit Discharges and Detection Bylaw (PDF), for example:

Not Allowed

  • Animal waste
  • Concrete washout
  • Construction waste
  • Oil and car fluids
  • Paints and varnishes
  • Pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers
  • Rocks, sand, salt, soil
  • Sewage
  • Toxic or hazardous materials
  • Trash
  • Wash water (from washing machines, sinks, tubs)
  • Yard waste

Questions / Report Illicit Connections, Discharges or Dumping

For questions or to report illicit connections, discharges, or dumping, call the Board of Health at 781-270-1955 or Department of Public Works at 781-270-1670.

Find more reporting information on the Request for Information page.