Running for Public Office

Any person who is a Burlington resident and a registered voter may obtain nomination papers for the April Annual Town Election ballot from the Town Clerk's Office. Nomination papers and election calendars are available each January 1st. . Candidates running for townwide office require the signatures of 50 voters. Representative Town Meeting candidates require the signatures of 10 voters of the precinct.


Candidates for municipal office may download the forms for:

All other forms are available from the Office of Campaign and Political Finance website.

Campaign Financing Video

An informational video about Campaign Finance is now available on YouTube.