Discounts for Burlington Employees
As a Burlington employee, you and your family members are able to take advantage of many perks and discounts. Some of these services require certain proof of eligibility (such as a discount code or proof of employment), as indicated in the links in this section.
- New England College of Business offers Town of Burlington employees and their family members a 25% Tuition Savings:
- 25% tuition savings toward undergraduate, graduate, certificate programs and the Power of One single course options
- No-cost course options: Quality Customer Service, Fundamentals of Banking or Principles of Management (12 months or less of employment or leadership)
- Employees and family can apply for the Frontline Heroes scholarship, for a 50% tuition savings.
- Accelerated 100% online: 8-week undergraduate and 5-week graduate courses
- Evaluations of previous college credit, prior military and prior learning
- Our Employee Assistance Program provides tuition discounts for online certificate and degree programs at some of the nation's premier educational institutions.
- View the degree and certification program listing and discounts.
- In addition, the Employee Assistance Program offers free personal and professional development training online. Visit the Employee Assistance Program website, set up a personal account, and click on the Training Center.
- The Community Online Academy through PerksAtWork offers weekly online courses for adults and children, focusing on both wellness and professional development. Many of these past classes are available for on-demand viewing. Burlington employees have free access to PerksAtWork - use Company Code BurlingtonSchools for access.
- The Burlington Public Library offers free and discounted access to over 20 local museums including the Boston Children's Museum, New England Aquarium, Museum of Science, and the Franklin Park and Stone Zoo. Passes may be reserved up to 60 days in advance.
- Burlington Cable Access Television (BCAT) provides free training opportunities to Burlington employees.
Members of our health insurance plans receive up to $150 calendar-year reimbursement (total per family) for qualified fitness centers. Must be a member of a fitness facility for a minimum of 4 months. File annually, beginning May 1st each year, and before March 31st of the following year.
- Harvard Pilgrim reimbursement form (PDF) (or submit your request online for a quicker reimbursement)
Members receive reimbursement for:
- Virtual fitness class subscriptions (New!)
- Membership to a full service health/fitness facility
- Membership to a facility or studio that offers
- Aerobic/group classes
- Indoor cycling/spinning classes
- Indoor rock climbing
- Personal training (taught by a certified instructor)
- Strength training
- Blue Cross Blue Shield reimbursement form (PDF) (or submit your request online)
Members receive reimbursement for fees paid for membership in a full-service health club that offers both strength and cardio equipment, or reimbursement for fitness classes at a health club. The fitness reimbursement also includes group classes such as yoga, pilates, and kickboxing classes that are taught in a fitness studio or through a virtual platform.
- Blue Cross Weight Loss Reimbursement (PDF)
Up to $150 per calendar year for participation in a qualified weight loss program, which includes hospital-based programs, as well as non-hospital programs that focus on healthy eating and exercise and require counseling with a certified health professional.
- Embody Fitness (PDF)offers 15% off all services and classes
- CrossFit Exclamation offers 10% off unlimited memberships.
- Revd Indoor Cycling offers a 5 class package for $60.
- The YMCA (PDF) offers 10% off the monthly member rate and 50% off the joiner fee. Try the YMCA for free - download a free 1-day pass. This discount is available for all locations in the following areas:
- Greater Boston
- Merrimack Valley regions
- Metro North
- North Shore
- Blue365 Deals for Blue Cross Blue Shield members
- Harvard Pilgrim member savings
- The Burlington Recreation Department offers a wide variety of fitness classes including Zumba, Boot Camp, Yoga, Strength Training, as well as programs, activities, and trips.
- Lahey Health provides free individual and group Tobacco Cessation coaching to all of their patients. Call 781-744-QUIT to learn more.
- Varallo Orthodontics (PDF) provides a 10% courtesy off of orthodontic treatment for all Town of Burlington employees.
- Burlington Scripts
Members of our health insurance plans can receive a 3-month supply of eligible brand-name medications at $0 copay.
- Harvard Pilgrim Mail Order Prescription Discount
Service provided by OptumRx. Receive a 3-month supply of your maintenance medication with free delivery to your home. Pay only a 1-month copay.
- Blue Cross Mail Order Prescription Discount
Service provided by ExpressScripts. Receive a 3-month supply of your maintenance medication with free delivery to your home. Pay only a 1-month copay.
In addition you will receive:
- 24-hour access to a pharmacist by phone
- Easy options for refilling a prescription, including ordering online, or by telephone
- Mobile app available
- Additionally, these prescription generic medications (PDF) cost only $9 for a 90-day supply when purchased through the Express Scripts mail service pharmacy.
- Good Health Gateway
Members of our health insurance plans can receive diabetes medications and supplies for $0 copay.
- Rite Aid offers a Savings Program with a selection of generic medications at $9.99 for a 30-day supply and $15.99 for a 90-day supply. Membership is free, but required. Enroll at your nearest Rite Aid Pharmacy.
- The Walgreens Prescriptions Savings Club provides medications for as little as $5 for up to a 30-day supply, and can also receive discounts on vitamins, diabetic supplies, and pet medications. Annual membership is $20 for individuals or $35 for families. Sign up for the savings club online or at your local Walgreens.
- Walmart provides select generic medications at a cost of $4 for 30-days or $10 for 90-days. They also provide home delivery.
- Cell Phone Discounts (PDF):
- Burlington Municipal Employees Federal Credit Union offers savings/checking accounts, loans, and credit cards exclusively for Burlington employees and family members.
- Apple State and Local Government Employee Purchase Program
- Burlington Parks and Recreation provides discounts to AMC and Showcase Theaters year-round. Current information can be found in their program guide each season. Seasonally, they offer discounts to:
- Canobie Lake
- Nashoba Ski Area
- Six Flags
- Topsfield Fair
- Water Country
- MetLife provides Town of Burlington employees access to a special group insurance program through MetLife Auto and Home. Call 1-800-GET-MET-8 and mention Discount Code DRN.
- Hartford Life Insurance offers its members the following services:
- BeneficiaryAssist Counseling Services (PDF)
Unlimited phone contact with a counselor, attorney, or financial planner for up to a year, and five face-to-face sessions to help you cope with a loss. Call 800-411-7239
- EstateGuidance Will Services (PDF)
To create a free will visit Estate Guidance - Wills and use code WILLHLF
- Funeral Planning and Concierge Services (PDF)
Visit Everest Funeral - Hartford and use code HFEVLC
- Travel Assistance Services (PDF) with ID Theft Protection and Assistance
Call 800-243-6108 and use ID Number GLD-09012
- BeneficiaryAssist Counseling Services (PDF)
- Blue Cross offers Identity Protection Services through Experian (PDF) at no cost to its members.
- TicketsAtWork provides access to exclusive savings and special offers not available to the public and can save money on hundreds of travel and entertainment options across the country or closer to home. Use the Company Code BurlingtonSchools for access.
- AAA Burlington (PDF) is offering employees a $15 discount on new enrollments, and a $15 discount to add a new family member. Call Keith Furfure at 781-272-3272, ext. 3417 and mention Promo Code 8988.
This information is provided as a convenience for Burlington employees. The Town of Burlington does not control, monitor or guarantee the information contained in these sites or information contained in links to other external websites, and does not endorse any views expressed or products or services offered therein. In no event shall the Town of Burlington be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, products, or services available on or through any such site or resource.