In accordance with 310 CMR 22.22 the purpose of the cross-connection program is to protect the Town’s water supply from the possibility of contamination which could backflow or back siphon from the customers water system into the Town’s water distribution system.
- All new and/or renovated commercial shall have a cross connection survey to determine if backflow devices are required.
- Contact DPW to schedule a survey.
- If backflows are necessary, complete Backflow Prevention Device Design Data Sheet.
- Submit application to DPW for review.
- Schedule an inspection with DPW once approved backflow devices are installed.
For Residential Irrigation Backflow devices see our Water Meter page