New Water Meter Applications
Water meters greater than five eighths (5/8) inch shall be “Right Sized” in accordance with American Water Works Association, Manual of Water Supply Practice M22.
Water Meter Interface Unit (MIU)
Installer must run 18/3 Thermostat wire from the meter to an easily accessible location outside the building where the MIU will be installed by the DPW.
Residential Irrigation Meters
- Only residential properties may obtain irrigation meter.
- Only Licensed plumbers may apply for 2nd meter and undertake work.
- Requirements for the Application:
- Completed Residential Cross Connection Application Form
- Receipt for plumbing permit application from Tax Collector.
- Receipt for meter purchase from Tax Collector.
- All in-ground sprinkler systems must have a testable backflow device. Sillcocks that draw-off irrigation system or drain pipes shall have hose bib vacuum breakers with non-testable, dual-check valve installed in-line after meter.
- After initial installation the DPW/Water Division will test the backflow device and schedule all annual tests on devices at the customer’s expense.
Second Water Meter Residential Guidelines