Street Opening and Utility Connections

In order to protect the integrity of all public rights-of-way, assure the protection of all structures within and adjacent to these rights-of-way, and provide optimum safety and convenience for the public; permission must be obtained from the Department of Public Works  before excavating or in any way disturbing public rights-of-way, or extending/connecting to a Town owned utility.

Only licensed Utility Contractors  will be issued Permits from the DPW/Engineering Division for the following work:

  • Street Excavation
  • Utility Connections
  • Driveway paving