General License Application & Information

Licenses listed below fall under the Select Board ‘s jurisdiction. Requests for new approvals are submitted to the Select Board's office at  Requests for live entertainment at a restaurant must also include a floor plan indicating where the entertainment will be located.  The application and floor plan will be reviewed by the Inspector of Buildings, and if approved, will next go before the Select Board for approval.  

General License Application Now Available Online!

General License Online Application

General License Application Form

Class II NEW Application Form

  • Annual renewals are required using the above application and must be received no later than November 15 of each year along with the listed fee below, proof of general liability, completed Workmen's Compensation from (see attached below), and for Class 1 and Class 2 licenses, proof of bond in the amount of $25,000.  
  • $50  Amusement Devices / Bowling Alleys (per lane)
  • $100 1st Class Auto
  • $75    2nd Class Auto
  • $25 Entertainment
  • $25  Inn holder
  • $50 Theater (per screen)
  • $25 Victualler
  • $25 Weigher
  • $50  Taxi/Livery (per vehicle)
  • $NA Second Hand Dealer  (If required by landlord, submit both General License Application and the Second Hand Dealer Policy/Application (PDF)

Workmen’s Compensation Affidavit 

(ABCC requires)  per MGL - all employers must provide workers’ compensation for their employees.  

Mail renewals or new applications and fees to:  Select Board, Town Hall 29 Center Street, Burlington, MA  01803.  For questions, call 781-270-1635 or email to

Town of Burlington General Bylaws

11.0 Fees - Automatic Devices Licenses The schedule of fees to be charged by the Selectmen Board for Automatic Amusement Devices under the provisions of Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 140 Section 177A may be revised by the Select Board in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 40 Section 22F, accepted at the May 21, 1997 Town Meeting. Such fee, however, shall not exceed the maximum amount set forth in Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 140 Section 177A.